Summer Youth Internship Program
Mayor Donchess is pleased to announce the first City of Nashua Youth Summer Internship Program. The six-week program will provide 13 paid internships within city departments during the summer for high schoolers entering their senior year.
The program is a collaboration between the city’s Economic Development Division, the Mayor’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative and the Nashua School District. The mayor’s MBK initiative is based upon well-researched findings and expert recommendations from multiple disciplines, which concluded that coordinated efforts can improve the life prospects and outcomes for all our young people. By intervening at key moments in life, using evidence-based strategies and comprehensive approaches, we can remove barriers, expand opportunity, and improve outcomes for all. Furthermore, we know the availability of meaningful jobs throughout the year, with decent wages and career paths, is central to any successful economic development strategy.
Local youth who are referred to the program through an MBK partner, please send your application and references to: email@example.com.
All other applicants, deliver applications and references to:
Nashua High School North, 8 Titan Way, Nashua, NH 03063;
Principal Nathan Burns; 603-966-2500
Nashua High School South, 36 Riverside Street, Nashua, NH 03062;
Principal Keith Richard; 603-966-1100.
- We will accept 13 students into the program for Summer 2019.
- In order for an application to be considered complete, there must be two references submitted for that student from a teacher, coach, or other non-related adult.
- Interviews will be conducted in a group setting, unless otherwise notified.
- Qualified candidates must be able to work a minimum of 20 hours per week. Candidates must be available for the program dates: July 8th - August 13th.
- Transportation to and from the worksite is not provided by the program. As a city intern, we will provide a bus pass for any participant who has need of one.
- Pay is contingent on the intern's attendance at work.
- Interns will be disqualified from the program if they miss more than one week.
- View and download the Required Documents for the Internship Program (PDF).
- Documentos necesarios para el programa de prácticas (PDF)
We have several exciting internships available this Summer in various city departments.
Learn more about these opportunities: 2019 Summer Internship Job Descriptions (PDF)
Spanish: 2019 Descripción de verano de prácticas de trabajo (PDF)
Download the Summer Youth Internship Program 2019 Application. Good luck and Thank you to all who apply!
|March 25th||Orientation at Nashua High School South 9-10:45 am|
|March 26th||Orientation at Nashua High School North 9-10:45 am|
|April 5th||Applications to participate in the program are due.|
|April 8th - April 12th||The school will conduct the first round of interviews. Successful candidates will then be interviewed by the city.|
|April 10th||Applications due from MBK partner organizations outreach.|
|April 15th-April 19th||Interviews will be conducted by the city.|
|Week of May 6th||The Mayor will recognize the successful candidates at City Hall.|
|Second week in May||A parent information session will be held to inform them of the program, ask questions, and learn the expectations.|
|July 8th||Students will report to City Hall to complete hiring paperwork and undergo an orientation.|