Code of Conduct
The Code of Conduct outlines the expectations for all riders to make everyone’s trip comfortable, safe, and on time. All passengers have a responsibility to follow the Code of Conduct and behave in a manner that ensures the safety and comfort of other passengers and the driver. Failure to obey the Code of Conduct may result in removal from or being temporarily banned from NTS vehicles.
- Have your bus fare or exact change ready before boarding the bus.
- Do not bring large objects that require multiple seats or block the aisle.
- Children under 12 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- Small children must be removed from strollers.
- ONLY service animals are allowed on board the bus and in the Transit Center. NO PETS.
- Wheelchairs must be properly secured. If the device cannot be secured, it cannot travel on the bus.
- Passengers must be fully clothed and wearing shoes.
- Offer seats on the lower level to the elderly and passengers with limited mobility.
- Do not disrupt service or compromise on time performance.
- Do not smoke, vape, eat, or drink on the bus.
- Be respectful, avoid offensive language and do not shout.
- Use headphones when listening to a device.
- Use the stop request to alert the driver before reaching your desired stop.
- There is a 2 bag limit on the bus. You MUST be in control of your belongings at all times.
- Keep the aisle clear! All items, including strollers, carriages, carts, etc., MUST NOT obstruct the aisle.
- Do not bring hazardous materials such as auto batteries and gasoline on board the bus.
- Remain seated whenever possible while the vehicle is in motion.
- Watch your step when you enter and exit the vehicle.