The City Clerk’s Office is now operating remotely at 14 Court Street – Monday through Friday from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Please stop by to register to vote and/or to request an absentee ballot. Learn more on our News Flash...Voting Absentee
Military and Abroad Citizens
If you are on active duty in the Uniformed Services, Merchant Marines or an eligible spouse or dependent of an active duty member; an activated National Guard member on State orders; if you are a U.S. citizen living outside the country, whether you intend to return, if your return is uncertain or if you have never lived in the United States, you MUST complete the below request, Federal Post Card Application (FPCA), form and return to our office.
Important Information - Please Read
- Absentee ballots CANNOT be placed in the drop-off box at City Hall, in accordance with State Law. You may, however, hand-deliver it the city greeter located at our Elm Street entrance between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Absentee ballots may not be accepted at the City Clerk's Office on election day. If a ballot needs to be dropped off by a delivery agent, he/she should go to the voter's polling location and drop it off with the Ward Clerk. Your delivery agent will be asked to complete a return form and show photo identification in order to deliver your ballot.
- The voter’s spouse, parent, sibling, child, grandchild, father-in-law, mother-in-law, son-in-law, daughter-in-law, stepparent or stepchild;
- Nursing home administrator licensed pursuant to RSA 151-A:2, or a nursing home staff member designated in writing by the administrator to deliver ballots;
- The residential care facility administrator, or residential care facility staff member designated in writing by the administrator to deliver ballots;
- The person* assisting a blind voter a voter with a disability who has signed a statement on the affidavit envelope acknowledging assistance. *This person cannot deliver more than 4 absentee ballots.
Voters can track the status of their absentee ballot by visiting the Secretary of State's, State of New Hampshire, Voter Information Look-up Page and selecting the Absentee Ballot