Last Day to Change Party Affiliation prior to 2020 Presidential Primary was October 25, 2019
Registering to Vote - In Person
- Nashua residents may register to vote at the City Clerk's Office, 229 Main Street, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., excluding holidays, and during extended hours.
- If you are unable to come into our office, you can register to vote on election day at your polling location. Registering on election day and then voting will require you to wait in two separate lines: one to register to vote and one to receive your ballot. You will save time by registering earlier.
- For more information and what documentation is required on how to register to vote, including if you are changing your address within the city, please visit the Registering to Vote in New Hampshire page on the Secretary's of State Website.
- If a voter wants to change their party affiliation, they must do so in person at our office. Please note there may be periods of times when state law does not permit a change of party (generally from the first date of a filing period until the day after the primary).
- If a voter's name has changed, due to marriage, divorce or a legal name change, this change must be done in person at our office. Please bring with you the proof of the name change, i.e. certified marriage certificate, certified court order.
Registering to Vote - Absentee
In New Hampshire, only residents who are temporarily absent from the City (such as college students or overseas citizens) and residents who are physically disabled and unable to come to the Office of the City Clerk or the polling location to register, may do so by mail. Please contact the City Clerk at (603-589-3010, Option 5) for more information.
Voter Information Look-up - Office of the Secretary of State
If you are not sure if you are registered to vote, want to check what party you are affiliated with or where you should go to vote, please visit the State of New Hampshire Voter Information Look-up Tool, on the Secretary of State's Website.