Demand Response Services
What is Demand Response?
Demand Response is a shared ride, origin to destination, public transportation service for individuals in Nashua and surrounding communities. Demand response riders must schedule trips with NTS at least two (2) business days in advance of their desired trip time.
NTS provides demand response services from the following areas: Amherst, Brookline, Hollis, Hudson, Merrimack, Milford, Mont Vernon, Nashua, and Wilton.
Our Demand Response services are broken down into five (5) programs:
- Complementary Paratransit: Transportation services for those who are unable to use the fixed route bus due to a physical or mental impairment.
- Senior: Transportation services for Nashua residents that are sixty-five (65) years of age or older.
- Hudson: Transportation services for residents of Hudson, NH.
- Merrimack: Transportation services for residents of Merrimack, NH.
- Souhegan Valley Rides (SVTC): Transportation services for residents of one of the following six (6) communities: Amherst, Brookline, Hollis, Milford, Mont Vernon or Wilton.
Once you have identified the correct service for you, please print and fill out the corresponding application. If you are unable to print the application, please call (603) 880-0100 ext. 4 and request an application to be mailed to your address. Once completed, please return it to the NTS Administration Office at 11 Riverside St. Nashua, NH 03062.
NTS will review your application and determine if you are eligible for the service you have selected. When a decision is reached, you will be notified via mail.
How to Schedule a Trip
Once you have been notified of your approval, you may begin scheduling trips.
Call our schedulers at (603) 880-0100 ext. 2 and provide them with the following information:
- Full name
- Telephone number
- Date of trip
- Pick-up address and drop-off address
- Times you would like to arrive and return from your destination
- Whether you use a mobility device
- Whether a personal care attendant (PCA) or companion will be riding with you
- Whether you will need any assistance from the driver at your pick-up or drop-off location
Fare prices vary depending on the service. To see service pricing, click on the program links above (Complementary Paratransit, Senior, Hudson, Merrimack, or Souhegan Valley Rides).
Contact the NTS Mobility Manager
For more information about NTS Demand Response services and/or if you have questions, contact the NTS Mobility Manager at 603-880-0100, ext. 4, via email at NTSFeedback@nashuanh.gov or via fax at 603-821-2042.