**DUE TO THE CURRENT CORONAVIRUS EMERGENCY - BULKY/OVERSIZED COLLECTIONS HAVE BEEN POSTPONED - A NEW START DATE HAS NOT YET BEEN DETERMINED. PLEASE DO NOT CALL FOR AN APPOINTMENT AS NONE CAN BE MADE UNTIL A START DATE IS IDENTIFIED - THANK YOU!
The Division of Public Works, Solid Waste Department provides special collections of oversized items and tires (off rims) for residents who receive city trash collection service.
The pick-up is by appointment only, and requests must be received by Friday afternoon for the following week’s list. Collections occur between mid-Spring and the end of October.
Fill out the Oversized Items Pick-up Request Form to schedule a pick-up or call the Solid Waste Department during business hours.
Any item for Special Pick-up:
- Must be on the list for that week;
- Must be accessible, but not interfere with trash or recycling collection;
- Will be picked up during the following week, between Monday and Saturday afternoon;
- Metal Items, such as a refrigerator, must be at curbside by 6:45 a.m. on Monday morning;
- Oversized non-metal items, such as a couch, must be at curbside by 6:45 a.m. on your trash day.
Examples of oversized items are:
- Bundles of brush
- Couches or other furniture
- Hot water heaters
Up to 4 tires (off the rim) per year may be called in for pick-up at no charge when pickup begins. With a valid residential permit, a resident may take their tires (off the rim) directly to the landfill for disposal at no charge at any time of the year. no commercial tires are accepted at curbside or at the Four Hills Landfill.
Disposal of Latex Products
All paints / sealers that can be cleaned with soap and water are latex. Latex paint and other latex products are not accepted at the Household Hazardous Waste Collections.
Try to donate any leftover paint to an individual or local service for their use. If that is not possible, please follow these instructions to safely dispose of excess latex products:
- For small quantities (containers that are 1/4 full), remove cover and dry out the can.
- For larger quantities, use several heavy-duty plastic trash bags to line a sturdy cardboard box. Alternate pouring paint and adding an absorbent material (kitty litter, shredded paper, etc.). Stir and allow to air dry until the material as solidified.
- Once solid, it is safe to dispose of material, but not in weekly trash pickup. Nashua residents must take dried out latex containers directly to Four Hills Landfill, in a black trash bag, and put it into the trash box there. A regular residential permit is required, and may be obtained at the scalehouse; proof of residency is required.
For more information, call the Solid Waste Department at (603) 589-3410 or the Nashua Region Solid Waste Management District at (603) 883-0366