Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBE)
Nashua Transit System (NTS) is committed to the effective implementation of the Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBE) Program as defined in Title 49 Part 26 of the Code of Federal Regulations entitled "Participation by Disadvantaged Business Enterprises in Department of Transportation Programs".
What is the DBE Program?The primary goal of the DBE program is to level the playing field by providing small businesses owned and controlled by socially and economically disadvantaged individuals a fair opportunity to compete for federally funded transportation contracts.
The DBE program was created to:
- Ensure nondiscrimination in the award and administration of federally assisted contracts
- Create a level playing field on which DBEs can compete for federally assisted contracts
- Help remove barriers that affect participation of DBEs in federally assisted contracts; and
- Assist the development of firms that can compete successfully in the marketplace outside the DBE program
Apply for DBE CertificationFirst time applicants for DBE certification must complete and submit a certification application and related material to the certifying agency in your home state and participate in an on-site interview conducted by that agency. For more information on DBE Certification, visit the US Department of Transportation's Website.
To become a certified DBE in New Hampshire please contact:
DBE Program7 Hazen Drive, Concord, NH 03302
DBE Business DirectoryTo see a full list of certified DBEs in NH, view the New Hampshire Department of Transportation's DBE Business Directory.
Nashua Transit's DBE Goals
NTS hereby announces that its DBE goal for the Federal Fiscal Years 2022 - 2024, commencing October 1, 2021 and ending September 30, 2024, is as follows:
- DBE Goal (Fiscal Year 2022-2024)
- DBE Goal (Fiscal Year 2019-2021)
Submitted May 25, 2018
NTS hereby announces that its DBE goal for the Federal Fiscal Years 2016 - 2018, commencing October 1, 2016 and ending September 30, 2018, is as follows:
- DBE Goal (Fiscal Year 2016- 2018)
Approved August 22, 2017