Nashua Local Emergency Planning Committee
Required by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) under the Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA), Local Emergency Planning Committees (LEPCs) are charged to develop an emergency response plan, review the it annually, at the minimum, and provide information about chemicals and hazardous materials in the community to citizens. Plans are developed by LEPCs with stakeholder participation. Nashua’s LEPC meets monthly, and has members involved in all forms of city government and critical facilities & services.
- Understanding risks posed by chemicals.
- Managing those risks.
- Reducing those risks.
- Ensuring the broadest possible public representation in the decision-making process.
- Ensuring that an emergency response plan lays out potential local hazards, response capabilities and procedures to follow in an emergency. The planning process may identify opportunities for reducing risk.
LEPC agendas are available to view in the Agenda Center
Please follow the TIER 2 Instructions below to submit your Tier II report(s) to both the State of New Hampshire and the City of Nashua as required to meet SARA Title III, Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act reporting requirements.
New Hampshire Tier II Reporting Requirements
Companies are required to send Tier II Reports electronically. To do this, use the on-line Tier II Submit program to create the Tier II Reports in the required format.
1. Upload/Attach the following documents to the Tier II Report PRIOR to submitting to the State of New Hampshire:
- i. SDS Sheets (aka MSDS Sheets)
- ii. Site Plans
- iii. Emergency/Contingency Plans iv. One Plan/ Integrated Contingency Plan (ICP)
- v. Facility Floor Plan Drawings
- vi. Photographs
- vii. Video Clips
2. Use the “Certification Function” > “Site Plan Files” tab to attach all files that are applicable to your organization:
3. Within the Tier2 Submit program, under the “File” option, select the “Create Submission Function” a.) This function will identify any errors in the Tier II Report prior to submission, and b.) Create the Tier II Report (export file) in the required electronic format
4. Please name your completed Tier II Report export file with your facility name (no spaces within the name), and the reporting year (for example: TheSmithCompany2014)
5. Starting December 15, 2020 submit Tier II reports through the State of New Hampshire Tier II Report Submission Portal: https://nh.tieriiportal.aristatek.com/
Thank you for your cooperation and continued commitment to public safety and emergency management.
NH Homeland Security and Emergency Management
33 Hazen Drive Concord, NH 03305
Contact: (603) 271-2231
December 2020 Tier II Submission Update
This is a formal notification to announce the launch of the State of New Hampshire Tier II Report Submission Portal
All Tier II Facilities within the State of New Hampshire will now submit your Tier II data through our new Web Portal beginning with the 2020 year submissions. As of December 15, 2020 Tier II submissions will only be accepted via the New Hampshire State Tier II portal found at: https://nh.tieriiportal.aristatek.com/
No Tier II submissions will be accepted via email, traditional mail, or any other delivery method.
The link below provides a tutorial on using the New Hampshire Tier II Reporting Portal. This tutorial can also be found on the portal page.
Please direct any questions to NHTierii@dos.nh.gov
Submit Your Nashua, NH Tier II Report
New Hampshire is requesting facilities to use Tier2 Submit and submit electronically. A new version of Tier2 Submit is created around November of each year. Download the latest version of Tier2 Submit. Submit your Nashua, NH Tier II report (PDF file) and .t2s file to Tier2@nashuanh.gov. Please be advised that the City of Nashua no longer accepts hard copy submissions. All federally-mandated Tier II information will be accepted by electronic submission only. The Nashua Office of Emergency Management highly recommends that you keep your facility contact, emergency contact, transport routes, and chemical information update to date. This information provides community first responders with the information that they need to prepare emergency response plans. If you or your facility has any question in regards to submitting this report, please feel free to contact us at 603-589-3275, email@example.com, or Tier2@nashuanh.gov. You will receive a notice from both the State of NH and the City of Nashua when your Tier II report(s) have been received. Please keep a record of your submission and contact either Sarah Osborne, NH HSEM (NHTier2@dos.nh.gov) or Tara Murphy (Tier2@nashuanh.gov) if you do not receive your approval notice within 90 days.
Nashua LEPC Contacts
Tara Murphy, Emergency Management Coordinator
Office of Emergency Management City of Nashua, NH
229 Main Street, Nashua, NH 03060
Steve Buxton, Deputy Chief
Nashua Fire Rescue Souhegan Mutual Aid Response Team
70 East Hollis St, Nashua, NH 03060
New Hampshire SERC Contacts
Tier II Administration:
NH Homeland Security and Emergency Management
33 Hazen Drive
Concord, NH 03305
Special Instructions: New Hampshire is requesting facilities to use Tier2 Submit and submit electronically.