The Household Hazardous Wastes collection event on Saturday October 3 will take place in the City’s newest Park and Ride lot at 25 Crown Street. It will take place from 8 am to noon, and participants must adhere to the following COVID 19 procedures:
- Participants MUST WEAR MASKS, and keep windows closed;
- No one may get out of their car unless asked to do so;
- Waste must be in boxes in the trunk of a car or in the bed of a truck;
- No containers will be returned to participants after being emptied;
- No public restrooms will be available; and
- Please leave children and pets at home.
There will be no collection at the Public Works Garage on Stadium Drive on that day
Acceptable wastes include oil-based paints, varnish, wood preservatives, thinners, pesticides, pool chemicals, antifreeze, oil-based paints, lithium and button batteries, and driveway sealers. NO latex paint, used oil, asbestos, or smoke detectors will be accepted. Please contact the Solid Waste Department at 589-3410 about the proper disposal of these items.
Nashua residents are encouraged to participate in this event, and residents of the following towns in our region are also welcome - Amherst, Brookline, Hollis, Hudson, Litchfield, Merrimack, Milford, Mont Vernon, Pelham and Windham. There is a 10 gallon or 20 pound limit per household and a charge of $15 per vehicle is requested to help cover costs.
Please call 589-3413 for details.