What Do I Need to License My Dog?
State law requires that before a license is issued, the owner or keeper of a dog must furnish proof to the Clerk that the dog has been vaccinated against rabies. The rabies certificate should be in the name of the owner of the dog, or a letter of ownership from the previous owner should be provided as well.

In addition, the annual license fee is less for a dog that has been spayed or neutered. Evidence of the procedure needs to be supplied to the Clerk. Once this information is on file, it need not be provided for future license renewals.

New Hampshire town and city clerks are notified by local veterinarian offices when rabies vaccinations are administered, and this information may already be on file with the City Clerk. However, all records are not always current for a variety of reasons including: reporting time lag; notice mailed to an incorrect town or city clerk due to differences in the owner’s mailing address and residence; or vaccinations administered at off-site pet clinics or by out-of-state facilities. Feel free to contact the Clerk’s office at 603-589-3010 if you wish to determine whether or not this information is already on file for your pet.

Show All Answers

1. Which Dogs Must Be Licensed?
2. When Do I License My Dog?
3. What Do I Need to License My Dog?
4. How Much Does It Cost?
5. Where Do I Go?
6. Can I License My Dog By Mail?
7. What Happens If I Don’t License My Dog?
8. What If I No Longer Own My Dog?